Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ram Gopal Varma questions Padma award to Chiranjeevi: ‘I never heard of Shri Padma Subrahmanyam or Shri Bindeshwar Pathak’


 Ram Gopal Varma questions Padma award to Chiranjeevi: ‘I never heard of Shri Padma Subrahmanyam or Shri Bindeshwar Pathak’

Ram Gopal Varma said that the other two awardees in the Padma list are not as popular as Telugu star Chiranjeevi.


Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has expressed his opinion on actor Chiranjeevi winning Padma Vibhushan this year, saying that the actor deserved more. In a social media post, Ram wrote that he doesn’t know other recipients of Padma Vibhushan such as Padma Subrahmanyam and late Bindeshwar Pathak and suggested that the Megastar, as Chiranjeevi is fondly called by his fans, doesn’t belong to this list.

Ram wrote on X that if Chiranjeevi is happy with being part of the list, he will also go with it.

In a tweet, Ram wrote, “I never heard of Shri Padma Subrahmanyam or Shri Bindeshwar Pathak and so to put them in the same position as MEGA STAR , I am not at all thrilled with the award , but if @chirutweets gaaru is happy I will also pretend to be happy.”

Check out Ram Gopal Varma’s post –

I never heard of Shri Padma Subrahmanyam or Shri Bindeshwar Pathak and so to put them in the same position as MEGA STAR , I am not at all thrilled with the award , but if @chirutweets

gaaru is happy I will also pretend to be happy 😳😳😳

— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) January 27, 2024

Ram’s tweet received mixed reactions from the netizens. While some of them critized the filmmaker for being oblivious to contributions of achievers, others said that it is okay for a person to share their views on the Padma awardees’ list. Padma Subrahmanyam is a renowned Bharatnatyam dancer, whereas Bindeshwar Pathak is known for founding Sulabh International and was conferred with Padma Vibhushan posthumously.

Chiranjeevi was one of the five awardees of Padma Vibhushan. In his gratitude note, the Indra star posted a video message, where he said that he was speechless after receiving the honour. The actor also said, “I am really overwhelmed, humbled, and grateful. 

 It is only the unconditional love of the audience, my friends, my blood brothers, and sisters. I owe this life and moment to you. I have always tried to express my gratitude in the ways I can. But, nothing can be ever enough. On-screen, in the last 45 years of my career, I have tried to entertain you with the best of my abilities. I tried to help the needy by taking part in relevant social and humanity causes.”

Chiranjeevi thanked PM Narendra Modi and said that he has done very little in the field of cinema but received great honour and would be indebted to his fans for the love and support. Other names from the world of cinema to receive Padma Vibhushan was that of actor Vyjayanthimala Bali.

Several members of the Telugu film industry, including Chiranjeevi’s son Ram Charan, took to social media to congratulate the senior actor, while others met him in person.


Post a Comment

0 Comments