Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

'End Of An Era': Boy Group MIRAE Announces Disbandment After 3 Years

'End Of An Era': Boy Group MIRAE Announces Disbandment After 3 Years

MIRAE’s agency said the decision to end the group's activity was reached after careful discussion.

Boy group MIRAE, who came into the limelight in 2021 under DSP Media, has officially announced their disbandment on Weverse. Over the past three years, the group members Lee Jun Hyuk, Lien, Yoo Dohyun, Khael, Son Dong Pyo, Park Si Young and Jang Yu Bin, captured fans’ hearts with popular tracks like KILLA, Marvelous, Ourturn and Boys Will Be Boys. In a statement, their agency revealed that the decision to end the group’s activities was reached after careful discussion. While the announcement has left fans heartbroken, there is some good news. Despite the group’s separation, Son Dong Pyo will continue his solo career with DSP Media.

As per Soompi, MIRAE’s agency wrote, “First of all, we sincerely thank all the fans who have loved and supported MIRAE. We would like to officially announce our position regarding MIRAE’s group activities. After much deliberation and discussion, DSP Media and MIRAE members Lee Jun Hyuk, Lien, Yoo Dohyun, Khael, Son Dong Pyo, Park Si Young, and Jang Yu Bin have decided to conclude their group activities. While group activities will be coming to an end, Son Dong Pyo will continue with individual activities under DSP Media.”

Not just DSP Media, but each member including Lee Jun Hyuk, Lien, Yoo Dohyun, Khael, Son Dong Pyo, Park Si Young and Jang Yu Bin shared handwritten letters on Instagram for fans.

The main vocalist of the group, Jun Hyuk wrote, “Through my activities with MIRAE, I’ve learned so much thanks to all of you, and I’m grateful for the unforgettable moments we’ve shared. During my time, I often wondered if I deserved so much love. I received so much affection and I feel sorry if I wasn’t able to give enough happiness and joy in return. Although I won’t be able to greet you as MIRAE in the future, I will return in a new form.”


While Lien added, “I feel deeply sorry to suddenly bring you this news. I am grateful to all the NOWs who have always loved and supported us. It’s been seven years since I came to Korea without even knowing Korean and during that time, I’ve met many precious people and had many good experiences. It has become a time that I will never forget. I am very sorry that I cannot continue with all the MIRAE members in the future, but I hope you will continue to watch over each of us as we strive on our respective paths.”


Before announcing their disbandment, MIRAE had released their first Japanese mini album, Running Up, in February, followed by their first Japanese tour, where they performed in 6 cities. In Korea, the group’s final album was their fifth mini-album, Boys Will Be Boys, which came out in July 2023.

Support us just once

We welcome support of any size, any time - whether you choose to give $1 or more.



 

Post a Comment

0 Comments